Delightful noodle dish, light and flavorful. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Serves 2 as a single dish or 4 as part of a multi-dish Chinese style meal. Chinese yellow chives are a paler version Chinese green chives that are blocked from the sun while they grow. They are delicate and tender with an earthy taste, and must be cooked immediately after they are picked. Chinese green chives are a good substitute and scallions are acceptable (though they will not have the distinctive garlic taste of Chinese chives); Western chives have a completely different taste and should not be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces thin dried rice noodles
- 1/2 lb boneless lean pork
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & lightly crushed
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 1/4 lb yellow chinese chives or 1/4 lb green chinese chives or 1/4 lb scallion, cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1Leave pork in the freezer for about 20 minutes, so it's fairly firm (but not frozen) for cutting.
- 2Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- 3Cut the pork into thin slices, then stack the slices and finely shred.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the pork with the marinade ingredients.
- 5Heat a wok or large skillet until it's hot.
- 6Add 2 tbsp oil and the garlic.
- 7When the garlic has browned slightly (15 seconds) add the pork and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 8Remove the pork and garlic with a slotted spoon.
- 9Reheat the wok and add the remaining 2 tbsp oil.
- 10When it's very hot add the noodles, sprouts, and chives and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the oyster sauce, rice wine, soy sauces, chicken stock, salt, and sugar.
- 11Continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 12Return the pork and garlic to the wok, continuing to stir-fry for another minute.
- 13Give the mixture several more good stirs, add the sesame oil, and turn out onto a platter to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Rice Noodles With Shredded Pork and Yellow Chives
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.7
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 2172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: