Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My own recipe, many ways to cook fried Meehoon. This is one of the recipe.
- 1 (400 g) packet rice noodles, soaked in water to soften and drained
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup beef
- 2 square bean curd, fried and sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried shrimp, pounded
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 5 garlic cloves, pounded
- 3 small onions, pounded
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 200 g fresh chives, cut into 4cm
- 1⁄4 small cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 stalks spring onions, cut into 2 inch lenghts
- 1⁄2 cup fried shallot
- lime wedge
- Heat oil and fry pounded ingredients and chilli paste for 1 minute Then add oyster sauce, sweet soya sauce, beef and stir fry until beef cooked. Add cabbage and salt.
- Add in beaten eggs and noodles, stir fry for another 2 to 3 minutes Add bean sprout, chives and sliced bean curd. Stir until cooked.
- Removed from heat and garnish with fried shallot, spring onions, sliced red chilli, lime, omelette/hard boil eggs(optional), tomato, etc.
- You can replace beef with prawns and squid or chicken cube.