Recipe by strawberrybird
Want fried rice quickly and without a lot of fuss? Then, the rice cooker is the way to go. Only a little prep is needed to make this a stellar side dish. Add precooked chicken or shrimp and serve with potstickers or egg rolls for a meal.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I love the simplicity of this recipe...so easy and tasty. The texture is different then fried rice made with cold rice however; the taste is almost spot on. However next time I will add a bit more more soy sauce, and I will add the cut carrot directly to the rice cooker as it got a little too mushy. Made and reviewed for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag Game.
- 354.88 ml rice
- 591.47 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water chestnut, sliced
- 236.59 ml mixed mushrooms
- 236.59 ml bean sprouts
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml red chili paste (optional)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet. Add onion and carrot and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook another 5 minutes until browned.
- Add rice mixture and remaining ingredients (except egg) to rice cooker. Set to cook.
- Beat egg in small bowl. Wipe out sauce pan and cook egg on medium low heat. Chop egg and set aside.
- When rice is done, add egg and stir, then let sit for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!