Great way to use leftover rice and bits of leftover meats.
Make and share this Fried Rice for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil or bacon drippings in an 8 inch skillet.
- Add rice.
- Stir-fry until rice is hot and mixed with oil and drippings.
- Add soy sauce, mix well. If rice is dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water; cover and cook gently until water is absorbed.
- Stir in green onion.
- Push rice to side of skillet.
- Beat egg separately or break into skillet and quickly scramble with a fork. As egg sets, stir gently to let uncooked egg glow undereath.
- Stir cooked egg into rice, breking egg into small pieces.
- Stir in minced cooked meat.
- Heat through.
Very simple and good. I used some leftover BBQ pork, bacon, and peas. Thanks for sharing, Deb. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Simply easy and good!
If you are needing something quick and versatile this is the perfect dish. When cooking brown rice I always cook enough to freeze several 1 cup packages. The rice was defrosted in the refrigerator and when I was ready to cook dinner was done in a flash. I did add in about 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables that were rinsed before adding. The protein was 12 medium size shrimp,vein removed and cut in half vertically. I used peanut oil and a gluten free soy sauce. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.