Recipe by ellie_
This fried rice recipe is great as a side dish when serving Chinese food. Recipe source: Joyce Chen Cookbook.
Top Review by Deantini
Yummy fried rice. I changed the recipe up a bit; omitted the meat because I used it as a side dish and added 1/4 cup of soy sauce instead of the gravy master. I also added a 3 drops each of soy sauce and sesame oil to the eggs before frying them up. Made by a fellow Unruly / ZWT6
- 2 -3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Gravy Master or 1⁄4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet or 1 teaspoon chinese brown gravy syrup
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked meat (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with salt, MSG (monsodium glutamate) and sherry.
- Pour oil in hot skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir in onion and egg mixture.
- Scramble eggs and break into small pieces.
- Add rice, brown syrup, bean sprouts and meat (if using).
- Stir constantly until well combined and hot (8-10 minutes).