Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know everyone has their way of making fried rice, and most ways are very similar, but I thought I'd share our family favourite.
- 3 cups rice, steamed until just tender
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 slices shortcut bacon, finely diced
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 (440 g) can baby corn, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup baby peas
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Whisk eggs, and cook in the wok or frying pan. Remove, and chop the egg.
- Heat the olive oil, and cook garlic, bacon and onions, then add mushrooms, capsicum, and baby peas.
- Add all other ingredients, mix together until heated through.
My grand-daughter loves going to Benihana's, but its just so expensive. She loved this rice when we made it at home with some stir fired chicken & veggies. Now she asks for this and she wants to help in the kitchen.