Recipe by Hanka
Homemade fried rice is so much better than take-out. It's not so difficult to make and you can put in whatever you like. What is important, and a lot of people don't know it, is to always use cooled rice or day old rice and you won't have any problem making very good fried rice.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I used the exact ingredients listed, however I altered the method slightly. I didn't eat egg or bacon but the rest of the family does. I made the egg into a omelette and then sliced it finely and added the eggs and bacon for for the rest of the family when I served the rice. I really loved how you explained to use cold rice (I never knew that). The rice was so yummy! Thanks so much Hanka for a versatile recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice, cooled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan melt butter.
- Add onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas and corn and cook for 1 minute.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Pour beaten eggs into pan and scramble.
- Mix vegetables and scrambled eggs together.
- Add rice and soy sauce and mix well.
- Add your bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.