Homemade fried rice is so much better than take-out. It's not so difficult to make and you can put in whatever you like. What is important, and a lot of people don't know it, is to always use cooled rice or day old rice and you won't have any problem making very good fried rice.
- In a large frying pan melt butter.
- Add onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas and corn and cook for 1 minute.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Pour beaten eggs into pan and scramble.
- Mix vegetables and scrambled eggs together.
- Add rice and soy sauce and mix well.
- Add your bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.
I used the exact ingredients listed, however I altered the method slightly. I didn't eat egg or bacon but the rest of the family does. I made the egg into a omelette and then sliced it finely and added the eggs and bacon for for the rest of the family when I served the rice. I really loved how you explained to use cold rice (I never knew that). The rice was so yummy! Thanks so much Hanka for a versatile recipe!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #62* I had never done this before ! Steamed the basmati rice in my brand new steamer, and it was perfect ! Shredded baby carrots, and left out the corn (personal preference0. Was amazed at how easily all went together and produced a LARGE pile of very tasty fried rice ! I will be doing this again soon. Thanks for posting, Hanka !