Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
I love this rice and so does anyone who eats it and best of all its easy to make. It comes from a friend from Mauritius, but I have changed it slightly. Please let me know what you think .
- 5 cups basmati rice
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 large bell pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- toasted sesame oil
- light soy sauce
- Put the rice into a glass bowl with a lid add water so that water level is 1 inch above rice level.
- Cook rice in microwave oven (trust me) for 11 minutes then leave to stand without lid.
- Put rice in fridge and cool.
- Chop onion pepper and carrots; use cheese grater for ginger.
- When rice is cold, approx 1 hour after being put in fridge, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to wok. Add half of onion, pepper, carrot, and ginger; fry for 1 minute.
- Add half the rice to the wok and drizzle soy sauce over the rice.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes and then drizzle toasted sesame oil over rice.
- Serve immediately.
- Repeat process until all ingredients are gone.