Recipe by codeblusqrl
I've kind of made this recipe from combining a little bit of other recipes I've liked over the years. The measurements for soy sauce, oil, ginger and garlic are estimations. Add what you want to your own tastes. Cook time doesn't include making rice night before.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas or 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄2 lb chopped chicken thighs or 1⁄2 lb pork chop
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- the day before or morning of, boil water and chicken broth in a pot. Add uncooked rice to boiling water, put tight fitting lid on, and turn down to simmer. Cook approx 20-25 min until done (follow rice container instructions).
- The night of cooking rice:.
- put 2 tbs of butter in pan and heat up. Add chopped onions and cook until tender. Remove from pan.
- Put 1 tbs of butter in pan and add scrambled eggs. Cook until done and remove from pan.
- In a large skillet, heat up sesame oil over medium high heat. Add chopped chicken or pork. Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook till done, then remove from pan.
- Add more sesame oil to pan and spread it around. Add rice to pan and pour soy sauce over rice. Sprinkle with garlic powder and ground ginger. Keep cooking and stirring until it's all sizzly.
- Add frozen corn or peas, stir and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken, onions, and eggs and stir. Cook for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy!