Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
This is a favourite recipe of mine because I love Chinese food. But fried rice is a lot better when you make it yourself. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes, which is probably equivalent to the amount of time it takes you to wait in line at your local Chinese restaurant.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 250 g sliced ham, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups raw rice, cooked and completely cooled
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 250 g cooked small shrimp, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan or wok, and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs as a flat omelette, turn and cook the other side.
- Remove the omelette from the pan, cool slightly and chop into small pieces or strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan, add the onion and stir-fry until it becomes transparent. Add the ham and stir-fry a minute more.
- Add the rice and peas and stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until heated through and slightly golden.
- Stir in the omelette, spring onion, soy sauce and prawns; cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.