Recipe by marisk
This is my fried rice. It's a little different every time I make it. You can change out just about everything. You can also use pork, chicken, beef, spam, bacon... I sometimes add fish cake, slivered carrots, bean sprouts, chredded cabbage, peas...the list goes on. It's great for using up leftovers. Use left over rice if possible; freshly cooked rice tends to get a little mushy in this dish.
- 12 shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup maui onion, chopped
- fresh ginger, minced (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 4 cups cooked rice (left over)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vegeble oil in heated pan.
- Stir fry the peas, maui onion, shrimp and ham for a minute.
- Add soy sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining oil.
- Scramble eggs, lightly.
- Add rice -- make sure there are no clumps.
- Add salt, green onions and the ham/shrimp mixture.
- Serve hot or cold.