Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
Works better cooking rice in portions, adding to veggies back and forth until well mixed.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil (split in two)
- 1 -2 carrot, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 -2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb meat, cut in small pieces (optional)
- peas or corn or mushrooms or other vegetables
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice (about 1-1.5 cups raw). Rice freezes well for fried rice, so you can freeze rice prior to use (actually better to have drier rice).
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook on medium until softened, stirring frequently. Add sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper and stir. Add raw meat and cook or add cooked meat and heat through. Add other vegetables if using.
- Mix egg and milk. Cook separately on low with some oil large pan, remove, roll up and slice into strips.
- Fry rice with a little oil, then mix back into vegetables and meat.
- Add egg and serve.