Recipe by dividend
This is very fast and easy. I like to eat it with chopsticks out of a deep stoneware noodle bowl. [From 30 Minutes Meals (Rachael Ray)]
- 2 -3 cups cold leftover cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons oil (I use a mix of extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- If you're making fresh rice for this, take a tip from Rachael Ray and quick-cool it by spreading it out on a cookie sheet while you chop your veggies.
- Finely chop the garlic, bell pepper, and scallions. Grate the carrot.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add about half the oil to the center.
- Add the eggs and quickly scramble, then push them off to the edges.
- Add the rest of the oil to the center of the skillet. Add the garlic, carrot, bell pepper and scallions, and quick-fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, combine with the veggies, then incorporate the scrambled eggs and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and soy sauce and fry for 1 minutes.
- This is good with different kinds of meat too - I like to add already cooked shrimp or cubed chicken with the soy sauce and peas.