Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very fast and easy. I like to eat it with chopsticks out of a deep stoneware noodle bowl. [From 30 Minutes Meals (Rachael Ray)]
- If you're making fresh rice for this, take a tip from Rachael Ray and quick-cool it by spreading it out on a cookie sheet while you chop your veggies.
- Finely chop the garlic, bell pepper, and scallions. Grate the carrot.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add about half the oil to the center.
- Add the eggs and quickly scramble, then push them off to the edges.
- Add the rest of the oil to the center of the skillet. Add the garlic, carrot, bell pepper and scallions, and quick-fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, combine with the veggies, then incorporate the scrambled eggs and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and soy sauce and fry for 1 minutes.
- This is good with different kinds of meat too - I like to add already cooked shrimp or cubed chicken with the soy sauce and peas.
This was a big hit and so easy to cook. I omited the garlic, and added snow peas, but otherwise perfect.
This is a very tasty and easy recipe. My family loves it. We omit the bell pepper (son is picky) and don't use quite as many scallions. I also use precut matchstick carrots and "run the knife" thru to shorten. You can also use canned peas if no frozen on hand.