1/1 Photo of Fried Rice
This is a fairly easy recipe for fried rice, yet it tastes really good. Good recipe to impress your loved ones. This is my favorite recipe for fried rice, especially when I am in a hurry, and not really in an 'all-day-in-the-kitchen' cooking mood:) Note: This is not a chinese fried rice which is usually more moist and can be eaten by itself. This is more of an Indian, or Sri lankan fried rice that is usually dry and is eaten with curries. I thought I should explain since some of you might be expecting more of a 'chinese' kind of a fried rice :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot, fry the onions and the garlic in the oil till golden brown.
- 2Add the grated carrot and fry for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the chilli powder, turmeric, salt, and egg and stir for another minute.
- 4Stir in the rice.
- 5Stir the mixture 2-3 minutes until the rice is properly mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- 6Pour 3 cups of water and stir well.
- 7Let it cook uncovered until the water boils.
- 8Lower the heat and cover the pot.
- 9Let it cook till all the water dissapears from the bottom of pan.
- 10(till you think the rice is cooked, usually it takes about 15 minutes).
- 11Serve hot with your favorite curry or as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1204.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g