Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy way to use leftover rice!
- cooked rice (amount depends on servings desired)
- 1⁄2 can peas (to taste)
- 1 medium chopped carrot (to taste)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook the rice on medium with 1 tsp of the cooking oil and salt until it crisps and starts to brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove the rice from the pan.
- Add the rest of the cooking oil and the vegetables to the pan, cooking until the carrots soften a bit.
- Return the rice to the pan.
- Add the scrambled egg.
- Mix everything well.
- Add soy sauce to taste, and ginger powder if desired.
Very simple to do, and needs little ingredients. Great for that last minute meal.
Great easy recipe. Kids love it too. I added some bacon and chopped onion for extra flavor.
I made this to go along with some plain chicken. I din't add the peas since my kids would not have eaten it. I didn't want to dirty another pan so I just made a whole/well in the middle of the rice when it was in the pan (I pushed it to the sides) and then dropped the egg in the middle, scrambled it and let it cook, scrambling it the whole time, and then mixed it in with the surrounding rice. Worked great.