1/1 Photo of Fried Rice
This is a recipe from Donna Hay. When I can get it I also like to add barbecued pork, or even Chinese sausage which is available from most supermarkets. It's a meal in itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups long-grain rice (cooked by absorption method)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 3 small chopped red chilies
- 4 sliced green onions (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic chives
- 500 g small shrimp (I used the frozen ones you get at Asian supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Cook the rice via absorption method and allow to cool slightly and separate grains with a fork (the rice could be made in advance or the day before).
- 2Heat peanut oil in a wok or deep frying pan over high heat and add the beaten eggs and swirl around wok until cooked, breaking the egg up as you go.
- 3Add the rice, ginger, chillies, green onions, garlic chives and prawns and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- 4Sprinkle with soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 295.7 mg
- Sodium 732.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: