Recipe by mommyoffour
Oh yum. I loved this appie the first time I tried it. The dipping sauce is the key. This rich tomato flavor is wonderful. This will have your guests smiling from ear to ear.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cups oil, for deep frying
- 25 ounces frozen small cheese ravioli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, fresh tomato, sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning; mix well.
- Simmer over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat to 375.
- Pat ravioli dry.
- Fry ravioli, about 6 at a time, for 1 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl; sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve warm ravioli with warm dipping sauce.