Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my FAVORITE recipe's!! Deep Fried Ravioli with a home made Marinara sauce :)
- 25 ounces frozen cheese ravioli or 25 ounces beef ravioli
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 pint canola oil
- 26 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Heat canola oil to prepare for frying --.
- For Marinara Sauce:.
- Put Olive Oil on medium heat with diced onion and green pepper, cook to flavor, don't brown onions.
- Add Tomato Sauce, Garlic and all dry seasonings, bring to a boil then simmer covered.
- * it's best to make Marinara first, so the Ravioli's stay crispy. Enjoy!
- Have dipping bowls ready, 1 with evaporated milk and one with the breadcrums and Parmesan Cheese.
- Dip frozen ravioli into evaporated milk then into breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Fry until golden brown. Cheese Ravioli's will puff up nicely when done, the beef ones do not. Let Drain on towel and then serve.