Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the Backwoods Home magazine blog.
Make and share this Fried Rabbit recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper in a Ziploc bag. Shake rabbit pieces to coat.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Fry rabbit, turning to brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat and add beer (or apple juice).
- Simmer 40 minutes, adding more beer if necessary.
- When the meat is tender and the beer is evaporated, remove the cover. turn up the heat, and fry until the meat is crispy, about 15 minutes.