Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's an Arabian delight in this part of the world. Enjoyed by Indians as well as people of other nationalities.
- 2 (170 g) cans Nestle cream, cooked
- 12 slices qatayef
- 6 cups frying oil
- 3 cups syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ground pistachios, for garnishing
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Nestle cooked cream
- 3 cups prepared Nido milk
- 1⁄4 cup sifted plain flour
- Add cooked Nestle cream to Qatayef slices.
- Wrap Qatayef slices and seal firmly.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Place in syrup while hot.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Mix sugar in water and heat moderately without stirring.
- Increase the heat until mixture boils.
- When it boils, add a tsp of lemon juice.
- Allow mixture to boil slowly until it thickens.
- Add a tsp of rose and orange rose water.
- Keep mixture on heat for a few minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- -------Nestlecooked cream----------.
- Mix Nido milk with flour.
- Place mixture on medium heat while stirring.
- When it boils, simmer for 5 minutes.
- ,pour into a separate dish and allow to cool.
- Mix Nestle cream with prepared mixture to make ready to use.
You should also try to fill it with dates only. & fry it & add syrup. it is much better.