1/1 Photo of Fried Pound Cake With Orange Syrup
Soup Fly *'s Note:
Posted in response to a request. This came from show 172 of "The House to Home Show." Times are a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine orange juice, sugar and orange zest in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 4While the sauce cools, peel oranges with a sharp knife (be sure to remove all of the white part- is it called pith?).
- 5Segment oranges and place in a bowl.
- 6Pour the syrup over the oranges and refrigerate until chilled (about 2 hours).
- 7Whisk eggs and milk together in a shallow dish.
- 8Dip slices of pound cake in egg mixture, evenly coating both sides.
- 9Cook pound cake slices, a few pieces at a time, in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 10Serve with orange syrup and garnish with blueberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Pound Cake With Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 207.3 mg
- Sodium 277.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g