Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple German recipe (called Bratkartoffel mit Gemuese in German) that I found on the recipesource.com website.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickling cucumbers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped (green onions)
- In a skillet, sauté onion in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and sauté until golden, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green pepper, cucumbers and cabbage and cook until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, sprinkle the top with the chopped spring onions, and serve immediately.
Intresting twist on fried potatoes. Easy to make and a great side dish with sausage. Made for Football Pool 2013 Week 8 win.