Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Hungarian recipe from Eva's Hungarian Kitchen site. You could use leftover boiled potatoes.
Make and share this Fried Potatoes With Onion and Kielbasa recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot, boil potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the sausage into 1/4 inch pieces.
- When the potatoes are ALMOST done-not fork tender, drain.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice.
- In a large pot, add oil, onions and garlic.
- Saute until translucent.
- Remove from burner and add paprika. Mix well.
- Add the potatoe and kielbasa, mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Everyone raved! This is such a simple dish, yet very well recieved. I cooked the potatoes a bit different, making this a 1-pan meal. I diced the potatoes small, and used goosefat for the oil. I heated the goosefat in my large skillet, added the potatoes (seasoned with S&P). Covered and let them steam in the oil for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally. When they were semi-tender, I removed the cover and added the remaining ingredients, tossing every so often until done. My nephew has already asked me to make this again. Thanks for a keeper recipe. :)
WOW This was delicious! I also used one onion instead of two because mine was rather large. I also used an extra clove of garlic because in this house theres never too much garlic, lol! Fantastic recipe, thank you!
I love to use kielbasa for nites I am not in the mood to cook. This recipe was very easy and tasted really good! Will definitely make again...