Recipe by Latchy
A very tasty potato dish, the flavour is definitely better if you use the butter, but you can fry just in the olive oil if you wish.
Top Review by FlemishMinx
These had a pleasant enough flavor, but I also had the same problem with the cheese, garlic, and lemon rind staying in the bowl and not adhering to the potatoes when mixing; it did stick a bit in the browning stage, but not completely, leaving most of "the good stuff" at the bottom of the frying pan--disappointing because you have to do a bit of work for an unsuccessful result. Perhaps if a part of the oil were used to lightly coat the potatoes in the bowl before mixing them with the other ingredients it might work better? Thanks for posting.
- 1 kg potato
- 25 g grated parmesan cheese, about
- 50 g cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into approx 3 cm pieces.
- Steam potatoes until almost tender, drain and cool.
- When cool put the potatoes in a bowl with combined cornflour, cheese oregano, rind, garlic and paprika and mix well.
- Heat oil and butter in pan, add potato mixture and cook stirring until potatoes are browned.