Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very tasty potato dish, the flavour is definitely better if you use the butter, but you can fry just in the olive oil if you wish.
- 1 kg potato
- 25 g grated parmesan cheese, about
- 50 g cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g butter
- Peel potatoes and cut into approx 3 cm pieces.
- Steam potatoes until almost tender, drain and cool.
- When cool put the potatoes in a bowl with combined cornflour, cheese oregano, rind, garlic and paprika and mix well.
- Heat oil and butter in pan, add potato mixture and cook stirring until potatoes are browned.
These had a pleasant enough flavor, but I also had the same problem with the cheese, garlic, and lemon rind staying in the bowl and not adhering to the potatoes when mixing; it did stick a bit in the browning stage, but not completely, leaving most of "the good stuff" at the bottom of the frying pan--disappointing because you have to do a bit of work for an unsuccessful result. Perhaps if a part of the oil were used to lightly coat the potatoes in the bowl before mixing them with the other ingredients it might work better? Thanks for posting.
Very good! When I combined the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients the cheese stayed in the bowl and did not stick to the potatoes, so when I cooked them I just put that on the top and it started to stick whilst cooking and tossing. They turned out nicely flavored and crunchy. I served them to go with roast chicken and a cauliflower dish.