Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another tasty potato recipe.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 jalapeno peppers or 2 chilies, stemmed, cut into very thin strips
- Heat the oil in a large heavy frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Pat them into a flat layer and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and pat into a flat layer again.
- Continue cooking until the potatoes are brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes, raise the heat to medium-high and cook until golden on the bottom about 5 minutes more.
- Salt Lightly and serve right away.