Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is handed down from my grandmother. It's a basic recipe, but always yummy.
Make and share this Fried Potatoes and Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large, flat-bottomed skillet.
- Slice potatoes and squash into rounds.
- Slice onions and separate into rings.
- Layer in hot oil, starting with potatoes.
- Sprinkle each complete layer (potatoes, squash, and onion) lightly with flour, salt and pepper.
- Continue to fry, turning occasionally for even browning. Drain on paper toweling.
Cooked this tonight. Very good meal. Cheap and easy.
I made this for my lunch today so I scaled the recipe down to 1 serving and it was great! I used a yellow squash from my mom's garden, 1 small potato and 1/2 of an onion. I did skip the flour and used Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt. Very tasty! Thanks so much for posting!!
Delicious! A keeper for sure! We don't care for a lot of onions, so I just used dehydrated minced onions. They still added a lot of flavor. Thanks!