Recipe by Hippie2MARS
This is handed down from my grandmother. It's a basic recipe, but always yummy.
Top Review by mydesigirl
I made this for my lunch today so I scaled the recipe down to 1 serving and it was great! I used a yellow squash from my mom's garden, 1 small potato and 1/2 of an onion. I did skip the flour and used Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt. Very tasty! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 large yellow squash
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium high heat in large, flat-bottomed skillet.
- Slice potatoes and squash into rounds.
- Slice onions and separate into rings.
- Layer in hot oil, starting with potatoes.
- Sprinkle each complete layer (potatoes, squash, and onion) lightly with flour, salt and pepper.
- Continue to fry, turning occasionally for even browning. Drain on paper toweling.