I know this is not a healthy recipe. Lard is, indeed, a four letter word these days. However, we enjoy this occasionally. It is very good! Prep time includes soaking time for the potato slices. This recipe is originally from McCalls.
My Private Note
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1/8 inch slices.
- 2Soak in cold water until crisp.
- 3Drain off the water and dry potato slices on paper towels.
- 4Heat lard until very hot.
- 5(I use a large skillet.) Add potato slices.
- 6Reduce heat and fry slowly until crusty and brown.
- 7Turn occasionally.
- 8Remove from pan to a paper towel-lined serving dish.
- 9Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 33.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g