Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband made these up last week, very tasty, he liked them because they were easy.
- 1 lb large red potatoes or 1 lb white potato
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon rosemary or 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes (leave skins on) into strips about 2 1/2 inches long by 1/4-inch thick.
- Soak the potatoes in ice water for five minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, then rinse thoroughly under cold water.
- Press between paper towels to dry.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl, pour melted margarine over the potatoes and toss to coat them.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Spread potatoes onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes; toss and turn; bake for five minutes; add herbs and toss; bake a final five minutes until the potatoes are brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
These were good. We used oregano and I didn't like that flavor, my husband and boys did though. I think next time I will add a little salt instead. Thanks for sharing.
A fabulous low calorie, low fat way of enjoying “fried” chips! Very easy to make, very clear instructions, very quick and together with ellie_’s Spinach With Sesame Seed Recipe #138862, they made a totally delicious lunch. The weather had turned suddenly much cooler today, and I felt like some sort of comfort food, so I made just a quarter portion, which in step 9 I sprinkled with dried oregano and sage. Thanks Dancer^ for sharing this recipe.
Everyone enjoyed these and I loved that they were so easy to clean up after than fried potatoes. I will make my fries like this more often. Thanks Dancer!