Recipe by gailanng
A real kid pleaser. Best made with fresh potatoes, as opposed to instant, with a stiff potato consistency. I just boil a few potatoes and smash them with a fork.
Top Review by 4-H Mom
These turned out great for me. I followed the recipe step by step. I sprayed my pan with Pam instead of using the vegetable oil. Cooked on low heat and they turned out so good. Thanks for the great recipe. I will be making this again.
- 2 cups cooked smashed potatoes (plain, boiled and fork-smashed potatoes work best)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (can substitute cheddar)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 2 tablespoons thin sliced green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients; chill.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Dip each patty into lightly beaten egg then lightly coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil and fry over medium heat until lightly browned, turning once.
- Tip: If you feel your potatoes are too watery, lightly dust with flour prior to dipping into the egg wash.