Recipe by manushag
Can be made with any assortment of fillings. I like mozzerella and pepperoni.
Top Review by ckmclements
I learned the hard way that INSTANT MASHED POTATOES DO NOT WORK for this recipe--what I ended up with was a bowl of extremely tasty potato goo. Once I figured out (thanks to my helpful mom) that I had to use ACTUAL potatoes, this recipe was indeed quite simple and very yummy. I think next time I will add some garlic powder to the potatoes after mashing them to give the patties a little extra kick.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (real potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, egg and first 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs together with your hands.
- Mix in chopped pepperoni and mozzerella.
- Grab a handful of mixture, roll into a ball and flatten into a patty shape like a small hamburger. Can also make small balls for appetizers.
- Press into a dish of breadcrumbs and turn over to cover comletely.
- Fry in a large skillet with about 1/4 inch of hot oil, on both sides til brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel and enjoy.