Recipe by LDSMom128
I found this recipe on another website and they were so good. Use smaller potatoes, like red or golden for this. You can also double this easily to suit your family. This should be 8 good sized potato farls. You can also use this for either breakfast, can be made into sandwiches for lunch, or as a side dish for dinner. You could also make them smaller for appetizers. You could also use gluten free flour and see if it still works nicely. Enjoy!
- 4 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- salt, to taste
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 3 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 3 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the potatos into 3 or 4 pieces and boil them in water for about 20 minutes. Put the potatos and the butter into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix together until smooth.
- Add the flour and the salt, about 1/2 teaspoon. Mix until everything is nicely blended.
- Place the dough onto a well floured surface. Knead the dough and make it between 1/2 and 1/4 inch thick. Then, cut it into fourths.
- Fry the farls on each side for about 2 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown.