Recipe by threeovens
This is a simple, straight-forward way to prepare fresh bay scallops without distracting from their natural sweetness. The larger sea scallops would work just as well here.
- 1 lb fresh bay scallop
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the scallops in cold water. Spread on paper towels to dry. Put flour in a small bowl. Toss scallops in flour to coat completely.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the scallops and pan fry 3 to 4 minutes, moving and turning, until they are firm but not browned. Add garlic and parsley and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Remove to a serving plate and squeeze lemon juice over scallops and season with salt and pepper.