Recipe by Mysterygirl
A local restaurant serves these and the waitress offered the recipe! I have made these at home several times and they are DH's favorite way to eat portabellas. Amounts are not given as everything depends on your taste and how many mushrooms that you have to serve.
Top Review by Izzy Knight
Awesome appetizer. The mushrooms are done in a jiff. The flour-buttermilk coating is perfect with the inside still juicy and tender. I sliced them into about 1cm thickness. The sourcream sauce goes great with it. I think this recipe would work with anykind of mushroom (next time I will try button). Fellow mushroom-lovers, you gotta try this!
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mushrooms into strips.
- Dip mushroom slices in buttermillk, then flour, repeat.
- Deep fry mushrooms.
- When they are nice and golden, remove from fryer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For sauce to dip: Mix sour cream with horseradish- to taste.
- Serve with dip or peppercorn-ranch dressing.