I was in the mood for fried pork chops and threw this quick and easy recipe together. The pork chops turn out juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil over medium-high heat until oil begins to glisten.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk. In another wide, shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, flour, garlic powder, basil, sage, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Dredge each pork chop first in egg mixture, shaking off excess. Then dredge in bread crumb mixture, coating both sides heavily and evenly.
- Carefully lower each chop into hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Coating should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove chops to a plate covered with paper towel. Place another paper towel atop chops and carefully blot off extra oil.
- Serve and enjoy!