Prep 11 mins
Cook 5 mins
The best pizza ever tasted. Toppings can be changed if you like, but when this goes in your mouth you'll never go to another deli. This is perfect for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet pepper, minced
- 1 cup yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sausage or 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- For bread dough: Place flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Fold salt in once to accommodate yeast later.
- Melt shortening and butter. Scald milk--must be cooled before added or be lukewarm.
- Add yeast and fold once, then make a well into flour mixture and add melted fat and milk. Make a dough.
- Rest dough for few minutes at room temperature to allow yeast to multiply. When dough has risen twice the size, you can punch down lightly and then begin kneading.
- Knead dough until when you you break a piece and stretch it does not tear. Put to proof (fancy term for putting the dough to rise and level after molding shapes).
- Mold dough into round mini's just the size to fit your skillet and have space for flipping the dough (I divided mine into 2).
- In a skillet (non-stick, optional) put oil to heat then combine all the topping ingredients and sauté for 2.5 minutes.
- Prepare pan for frying the dough (first I recommend you use non-stick or the regular pan is just fine). Ensure the pan is clean, then add pinch of salt and shortening, then use a pastry brush to brush salted fat evenly including sides. Put pan to heat on medium flame.
- When heated, add the 1 dough to pan. When the bottom of the dough begins to turn golden brown, flip the dough over. Brush with melted fat and then add some of the topping.
- Cover the pan with cover for 2 minutes. Gently remove your pizza from the pan. Repeat this step with the other(s).
- Serve warm or cold if desired.
delicious! used regular pizza sauce in place of ketchup. lightly frying dough instead of baking made marvelous crust. added topping and put in oven for final 10 minutes to melt and blend flavors. thankyou!