Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious fried rice lies in the use of cooled, cooked rice. Freshly cooked rice will produce a sticky mess.. This is delish hot or cold. From The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 473.18-709.77 ml cooked brown rice, cooled
- 118.29-177.44 ml pineapple, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 0.59 ml sea salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, saute the onions in the sesame oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the Braggs, cooked rice, pineapple, tomato, raisins, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Mix thoroughly and cook for 6-8 minutes or until all ingredients are heated throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro.
yum! I always love pineapple fried rice that is served in the Thai restaurants. We are not vegetarian so I added some scrambled egg. Also I used 3-4 cups of brown jasmine rice and at least 2 cups of fresh pineapple. It the end it could have used more flavor so I may need to up the spices if I use those quantities again. I don't keep curry powder on hand so I used about a teaspoon of red curry paste which I mixed into the Bragg's, sesame oil, tumeric, salt and pepper. No raisins on hand. If DH didn't mind it, I would add some green or red bell peppers to this. The brown jasmine rice that I got hasn't impressed me. It has a musty flavor so this was a great way to use up the leftovers.
This was really good, a nice twist on an old favorite...
This is really good. Like another reviewer, I would increase the pineapple next time, leave out the raisins (dd doesn't like them) and reduce the curry and/or turmeric as my family prefers a less intensely flavored rice. Definitely a great addition to an Indian meal. Made for ZWT8