Delicious fried rice lies in the use of cooled, cooked rice. Freshly cooked rice will produce a sticky mess.. This is delish hot or cold. From The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 -3 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, saute the onions in the sesame oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the Braggs, cooked rice, pineapple, tomato, raisins, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Mix thoroughly and cook for 6-8 minutes or until all ingredients are heated throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro.