Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes a very tasty crust. Hope you enjoy.
- Cut Crisco into flour.
- Add everything else and mix until dough rolls up into a ball.
- Pinch off pieces and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll out and add 2 tablespoons of your favorite filling.
- Fold dough over filling.
- Seal with water and fry in hot oil.
- Make sure dough is sealed or filling will ooze out during cooking.
Excellent pie crust! I used my food processor and had it mixed in no time at all. We wanted to experiment with our outdoor pie iron (long handled for camp fires) and cook in our wood stove coals. It worked, but is a bit crumbly and hard to handle. We did two with the pie iron, but I will use the standard frying procedure for the remainder of the dough. Great recipe! Thanks!