As a little girl, I remember my mother making fried pies for us as a special treat. Although she didn't have a recipe for the filling, I did find her recipe for her pie crust. I think you will enjoy these as much as I did when I was growing up. If only mother was here today to share them with!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add flour, salt and powdered sugar into bowl.
- 2Cut in shortening until mixture is incorporated well.
- 3Add soda to buttermilk.
- 4Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 5Roll dough into a ball and chill for 30 minutes.
- 6Roll out onto floured surface and cut into 6" circles.
- 7Fill with your favorite pie filling.
- 8Fry until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g