Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Fried Zesty Dill Spears
- 12 zesty dill pickles
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 large eggs
Dry Mix 1
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
Dry Mix 2
- 3 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1. Place pickles on paper towel to dry.
- 2. Mix together ingredients for your batter. Set aside.
- 3. Place Dry Mix #1 ingredients into bowl and mix together. In seperate bowl, mix together Dry Mix #2.
- 4. Dip pickles, one at a time, into Dry Mix #1. Shake off any excess flour. Dip pickles into Batter then immediately coat with Dry Mix #2.
- 5. Place prepared pickles onto wire rack and freeze for 20 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oil in pan to 375 degrees. Fry pickles in batches of 3 or 4 for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat until done. Let cool several minutes before serving. Enjoy.
Nice and crunchy...love these with the panko.
Easy and delicious!
I have had fried pickles in the past and never understood the hype until now! They are awesome!