Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a wonderful treat and very easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar dill pickle spears
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- ranch dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oil to 400.
- Slice pickle spears in quarters.
- Mix milk, eggs, and dill weed in small bowl.
- Pour bread crumbs in another small bowl.
- Place pickle in milk mixture until saturated.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown (3-5 minutes). Keep an eye on them they can cook very quickly.
- Cool down for 5 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- In order for the batter to stick to the pickles, it is smart to batter them and stick them in the fridge for an hour or so before cooking.