Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Worcestershire sauce gives it a lot of flavor!!
Make and share this Fried Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the egg and milk and dill pickle juice.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, the cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, pour the oil to a depth of 2 inches and heat to 350° on a deep-fry thermometer.
- A few at a time, dip the pickle slices, first in the egg and milk mixture, and then in the seasoned flour. (If you prefer a thicker coating, double-dip them).
- Drop carefully into the hot oil and,using a slotted spoon move the pickles around to brown evenly,about 1 minute.
- Remove with the slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Repeat with the remaining pickles, keeping the fried ones warm in the oven until all are ready to serve.
I made these for a New Year's eve party. I didn't use the worceshire sauce. And the flour had bread crumbs in it that was left over from making fried cheese sticks. They came out wonderful. They were one of the first things to disappear.