1/2 Photos of Fried Pheasant
4 hrs 30 mins
When a co-worker plopped a cooler full of Pheasant & Quail in my lap I was at a loss as to how to prepare them. He said to just fry them up! I searched here for a fried pheasant recipe but came up empty handed. I can't wait to try some of the other recipes I saw here ( because my freezer is now not only full of pheasant and quail but goose too!) but for now I will just write this one up and it it to the rest! Prep Time includes Marinade!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Pheasant Meat from Carcass (I just used the Breast and Thigh Meat Tossing all those little feet far away).
- 2Rinse Throughly and place in Bowl.
- 3Salt, Pepper and Season Pheasant turning the meat over to make sure all gets covered.
- 4Cover bowl and place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- 5In Large Heavy Skillet (I used Grandma's Cast Iron) put oil and heat on high until ready to fry.
- 6Retrieve Pheasant from Fridge.
- 7In a shallow bowl scramble eggs.
- 8In another shallow bowl (or plate) put flour in an even layer.
- 9Dip Pheasant pieces in egg first then coat with flour.
- 10Place in hot oil and brown on either side (lower heat to medium here so as not to burn the oil).
- 11The pheasant cooks REALLY fast and is SO tender and moist.
- 12Carrots and a green salad was an excellent addition to this meal!
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Pheasant
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2332.1
- Calories from Fat 1521
- Total Fat 169.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 584.6 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 147.3 g