1/2 Photos of Fried Peas
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
Sounds weird, tastes great. This is actually a combination of two Company's Coming Barbeque recipes -- "Peas With Bacon" and "Peas and Mushrooms." Now why on earth shouldn't it be "Peas, Mushrooms, and Bacon?!" This is actually a tin-foil packet dish for the grill, but my husband came home from work not feeling well, so since he's the barbeque-er, I had to improvise and use my cast iron skillet instead. Works either way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using frozen peas, let sit in a bowl of hot water to thaw.
- 2Meanwhile, fry bacon and onion pieces until bacon is cooked (but not crisp) and onion is translucent.
- 3Add mushrooms and peas, adding margarine if necessary.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve.
- 5*BBQ instructions: Fry bacon and onion as above. Using 4 squares of double-thickness heavy foil, divide bacon and onions evenly on each. Add peas and onions, margarine, salt and pepper, and a teaspoons of water. Close packages and cook over medium-hot grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 6Try adding chopped carrots, corn, and/or chopped green beans.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Peas
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 192.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g