Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have found this recipe in some magazine. The source of this recipe is Miss Tamara Novakovic, blogger from Croatia. I have changed the recipe with adding dry fried roughly grounded pistachio. Of course breadcrumbs are just fine if you don’t have pistachio. Taste of this dessert is amazing, I gave it the nick name “the mother of all desserts”. This is how it goes:
- 2 peaches (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons honey (from acacia or other light honey)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (grounded)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon pistachios (roughly grounded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Wash peaches, cut them in halves and remove the stone.
- Take a dry frying pan heat the hone, add cinnamon and rum and put peaches on it. Fry 8-10 minutes.
- Peaches will soften, honey will reduce and become like syrup. Turn peaches from time to time to cover them with syrup.
- In other pan first fry grounded pistachio.
- Remove it and add olive oil and brown some breadcrumbs. When finish, add some cinnamon.
- Serve half peach on a plate, pour over some syrup and add some breadcrumbs mixed with pistachio and cinnamon and put it into the stone hole. Put a spoon of sour cream on the side. Serve warm.