Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sounds ridiculous- but us southerners fry everything at least once!
Make and share this Fried Peach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- mix flour, salt and sugar. work in butter and shortening with fingers, until dough is like cornmeal.
- stir in the ice water just enough for dough to hold together.
- gather into two balls flatten into discs.
- wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- place peaches in saucepan.
- cover with water, bring to boil cook for 15 minutes, until most of water is gone and fruit is softened. with a fork mash with the sugar, spices, and lemon juice.
- simmer until thickened, set aside.
- to make pies:.
- heat oil 330 degrees roll one disc of dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- cut into 4-5 inch diameter circles.
- spoon 1 heaping Tbsp of filling into center of each disc.
- fold over into half moon shape. crimp edges to seal.
- fry in hot oil turning as needed.
- drain on paper towels. shake powdered sugar and serve.