1/6 Photos of Fried Pasta
1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food at it's best. This is chewy, creamy and spicy. What more do you need!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large onion, sweet (thinly sliced and quartered)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili sauce, Sciracha
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta, cooked
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray 8X8 inch oven proof pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- 3Cook pasta per package directions until al dente, drain and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, on medium high heat melt 1/2 tbs butter and 1/2 tbs of olive oil in a medium sauce pan .
- 5Add in onion and saute until caramelized about 10 minutes.
- 6Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- 7Sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
- 8Slowly whisk in half and half mixing well.
- 9Add in 1-2 tsp of Sciracha hot chili sauce (or as much as you like) mix until thicken.
- 10Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 11Using a 10 inch cast iron or non stick skillet, melt remaining 1/2 tbs butter and 1/2 tbs olive oil on medium high heat.
- 12Once melted add in drained pasta and fry, stirring occasionally for about 10-15 mins until brown and pasta becomes crispy.
- 13Remove from stove and add in the onion mixture, stir well.
- 14Sprinkle in 1 cup of shredded cheese, mix well and adjust seasoning if needed.
- 15Pour mixture into your prepared pan.
- 16Cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven and sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- 18Cook uncovered for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- 19Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.9 g