Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fried parsley is one of the prettiest garnishes, lacy and green, crisp and delicate.
- 1 bunch parsley
- oil, for frying
- Pick over the parsley, removing the large stalks so that neat sprigs remain.
- Wash it clean and shake it dry in a cloth.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to 190C/ 375F degrees.
- Put the parsley in a frying basket and hold it in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and then place in a low heat oven until quite dry, crisp and brittle.
- Serve over fried, baked, or broiled white fish, such as trout, sole, or whiting.